Award Winning Programs
Our award winning programs include:
Armada High School is ranked 1st in Macomb County out of 28 high schools in the Michigan Department of Education's Top-to-Bottom list for three consecutive years, 2018, 2019, and 2020.
Armada Area Schools was selected by the NAMM Foundation as one of the Best Communities for Music Education in the United States for three consecutive years, 2018, 2019, and 2020.
Armada Area Schools made the 9th Annual AP District Honor Roll - 2019.
Armada Area Schools earned the 2018 AP CSP Female Diversity Award
In 2015, one of 36 districts in the U.S. to be named District of Distinction Award winner for our #ACCEPTED college readiness program due to 96% of our students going on to college.
Armada High School was ranked 2nd in Macomb County out of 28 high schools in the Michigan Department of Education's Top-to-Bottom list for the 2013-2014 school year.
2013 Michigan Best Award - High School Renewable Energy Program
Nine Michigan Association of School Boards Education Excellence Awards:
- 2016 High School College Readiness Program
- 2013 Later Elementary Go Green Club
- 2013 High School Health Occupations Program
- 2012 High School Renewable Energy Program
- 2012 Elementary Get Fit Program
- 2011 Later Elementary Project STEM
- 2011 Macomb Academy of Arts and Sciences
- 2009 Elementary Piano Lab
- 2009 Middle Academy of Arts and Sciences
In 2015 the MA²S Robotics Team, The Fighting Pi, were winners of six awards:
- District Engineering Inspiration Award at the Waterford District
- District Chairman's Award at the West MI District
- State Engineering Inspiration Award at the MI State Championship
- Dean's List Award Finalist (Natalie Wieber - MA²S/Richmond)
- Semi-Finalist at the MI State Championship
- Carver Division Finalist at the FIRST Championship in St. Louis
In 2014 the MA²S Robotics Team, The Fighting Pi, were winners of six awards:
- 2nd place at the "For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology" (FIRST) Robotics World Championship in St. Louis
- Waterford District Champions
- Industrial Desing Award at the Waterford competition
- Runner-up at the Michigan State Championships
- The Gracious Professionalism Award at the Michigan State Championships
- The Curie Division Finalist at the FIRST Robotics World Championships
The MA²S Robotics Team, The Fighting Pi, were winners of three awards in 2013:
- Waterford District Champions
- Grand Blanc District Champions
- Chairman's Award
The Armada High School Marching Band was awarded straight A's and a Division 1 rating (highest rating) at the 2013 Fall M.S.B.O.A. Marching Band Festival. In addition, the Armada High School Marching Band won 1st place in the 2013 BWAC competition.
The Armada High School Yearbook won two awards in 2014:
- "Yo Momma" won a Walsworth 1st place video award
- Inducted into the Walsworth Yearbook's Gallery of Excellence
The Armada High School Yearbook won five awards in 2013:
- 1st prize award for Quality from the American Scholastic Press Association
- 1st prize award for Best Theme from the American Press Association
- A Bronze Medal award from the Michigan Interscholastic Press Association
- Walsworth Marketing Contest Winner
- "The Yearbook Linebacker" won a Walsworth 1st place video award
Krause Early Elementary was recognized by the Michigan Department of Education in 2012 as a "Reward School."
In 2012, Krause Elementary was recognized as a Michigan "Green School."
In 2009, Armada Area Schools was one of fourteen districts statewide to be awarded as a demonstration site for Project ReImagine, which meant we serve as a model for innovation in education.