How to Sign Up/ Manage your Account
There are two different types of users for SchoolMessenger:
- User A: Either a parent within PowerSchool or a Staff Member (teacher).
- User B: Anyone that would not have a contact within PowerSchool (i.e. a non-teacher, staff member or a parent that does not have a PowerSchool account).
For those who fit the role of User A (parent within PowerSchool or teacher), complete the following:
1. Download SchoolMessenger in Google Play or your AppStore.
2. Sign up using the email that the school has on record for you. You will also need to create your own password.
3. SchoolMessenger will send you a verification email with a link to follow.
If you do not wish to download the app, you can also register via the SchoolMessenger website:
1. Go to https://go.schoolmessenger.com.
2. Click on the three bars located in the upper left hand corner.
3. Select the "Sign up" option.
4. A blue box will appear. Be sure to read. You must use the same email address that is on file in PowerSchool.
5. Once registered, you will want to set your preferences, using the navigation on the left side. Select "Armada Area Schools" to proceed.
For those who fit the role of User B (anyone that does not have a PowerSchool account), complete the following:
1. Go to https://asp.schoolmessenger.com/armadaschools/subscriber/ and sign up for notifications.
2. Click on the "Sign up now" link in blue. Once you click on the link, you will be taken to a screen to create a new account.
3. Follow the prompts, review and accept the "Terms of Service," and create an account.
4. Once you create an account, you will be emailed a confirmation code. Once you get that confirmation code, enter it into the "Activate Account" screen that appears after you click on the "Create Account" (see instructions above).
5. Once you enter the code, you will get a message that you are being redirect to the website. From there, you can select your preferences and hit "save" at the bottom.
A PDF version of these directions can be found here.